White sugar, eggs, and butter are the materials most commonly used for baking. In fact, the ingredients for the cake if too much is not good for health. There are many healthy ingredients for a cake substitute materials.
Consumption of healthy foods is not limited to food alone. Ingredients for the cake was already replaced with a panicle many natural ingredients. The choice fell to the food labeled sugar-free and fat-free, including the material used to make cakes.
However, keep in mind that the end result and taste cakes made with alternative materials may be different than using granulated sugar, eggs, and butter. It also depends on what kind of cake made. Here's a healthy substitute ingredients that you can try:
Butter makes the cake so tasty and tender, but has a 1.627 kcal calories and 184 grams of fat per cup. Try to replace with the following materials:
- Cream cheese: Switch part or all of the butter in a recipe with low fat cream cheese. Its texture is like butter, but lower calories. Per tablespoon, regular butter contains 100 kcal calories and 11 grams of fat, while low-fat cream cheese contains only 30 kcal of calories and 2 grams of fat.
- Greek yogurt: Yogurt has many advantages. In contrast to the more liquid plain yogurt, Greek yogurt is more creamy and thick. So yogurt without the whey can be used as a substitute for butter. Moreover, in addition to low-fat, Greek yogurt is also low in sugar and carbohydrates but high in protein.
- Pure unsweetened apple: Commonly called unsweetened applesauce. Set aside half the required amount of butter, and replace it with apple puree. Suitable to make a cake. Can cut calories and fat to 1.550 kcal to 184 grams.
- Unsweetened pumpkin puree: Can be used for quick bread, spice bread, muffins, cakes, pancakes and brownies. How to use the same as apple puree. The number of calories and fat that is cut is 1.500 kcal and 184 grams.
- Prune puree: Use the butter and add the partial prune puree instead. Pure is suitable for chocolate cake, brownies, gingerbread, and cakes flavorful spices. 1.365 calories and fat grams and 184 kcal lower than ordinary butter.
- Banana smooth: 1 cup mashed banana can be used as alternative 2 cup oil. Dense texture that is not suitable for the cake light and fluffy texture. It was also not feeling well when paired with the citrus and berry. Bananas are the most suitable smooth to quick bread recipe, coffee cake, and pancakes.
Eggs serve to give a light texture and bind the dough. However, each egg contains 75 kcal of calories, 5 grams fat, and high cholesterol. Fortunately, there are materials that can replace the function of these eggs:
- Unsweetened apple puree: In addition to useful substitute butter, apple puree also have properties such as eggs in the dough. Enter ¼ cup apple puree to replace 1 egg in the dough brownies, cakes, and quick bread. You can also reduce by 50 kcal calories and 5 grams of fat.
- Vinegar and baking soda: Per egg is equivalent to 1 teaspoon of baking soda mixed with 1 tablespoon of apple vinegar. The chemical reaction produced makes the dough expands and becomes lighter texture.
- Flaxseed powder: 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed is rich in omega 3 and fiber it can replace 1 egg when mixed with 3 tablespoons of water. Once blended, the mixture will be thick, creamy, and feels like a nut. Use the dough pancakes, waffles, muffins, carrot cake, and oatmeal cookies. A total of 10 kcal calories and 1 gram of fat can be removed rather than using eggs.
- Banana smooth: ½ cup mashed bananas 1 egg equivalent, but lower 10 kcal calories and 5 grams of fat than an egg. In addition to bind the dough, bananas can also add a sweet taste.
- Silk Tofu: Tofu is made of silk or pure whipped can be used to make the cake, brownies, and custard. Replace 1 egg with ¼ cup tofu silk, and can cut 37 kcal calories and 2 grams of fat.
Sugar not only makes a sweet cake, but also prevent the gluten is formed so that the cake becomes softer. However, high calorie and a threat to the blood sugar to make sugar sometimes a scourge. Try a replacement:
- Truvia: The material of this sweetener derived from natural sources, the stevia leaf. The taste and texture similar to sugar, yet free of calories.
- Agave nectar: a liquid form, it's from the agave plant. In addition to natural, agave nectar is also quite safe for blood sugar levels.
- Molasses: Replace half the required amount of sugar with molasses. 1 cup sugar equivalent to 1 1/3 cup molasses.
- Honey: Because honey is sweeter than sugar, use a ratio of 1 cup sugar = ¾ cup + 1 tablespoon of honey.