Broccoli is one of the healthiest vegetables. Broccoli is rich in nutrients that the body and contains substances that help reduce the risk of various diseases, including cancer. and then how to cook broccoli for the content of the benefits are not lost? here are the tips:
Choose a hard, dark green in color and slightly younger stems. The darker means more contain beta-carotene and vitamin C. Broccoli is not fresh is yellow again.
Keep the refrigerator without washing first (order not quickly decay) in the vegetable drawer in a bag or can last up to 5 days. Broccoli can be stored in the freezer for a year after diblansing (dipped in boiling water briefly and then poured cold water) first.
Wash, split apart flowers to mature evenly. Cut into pieces and cook with the flower stems. The best grilled, sauteed or boiled.
- Broccoli Almond: Combine steamed broccoli with butter and fresh lemon juice; sprinkle with toasted almonds and chopped already.
- Broccoli Dip: Puree cooked broccoli with sour cream and grated Parmesan. Serve with pretzels, chips, nachos and raw vegetables.
- Broccoli Salad: Combine cold steamed broccoli with peanut poll, cherry tomatoes, Feta cheese, olive oil and red wine vinegar.
- Broccoli Soup: Saute onion in olive oil. Add broccoli and enough chicken broth, cook until tender. Puree in a blender.
- Broccoli Frittata: Saute chopped garlic and the broccoli was boiled using olive oil. Add the beaten egg, sprinkle with Gruyere cheese already shredded, then bake in a 180C oven until fluffy.
- Broccoli and chicken: Combine broccoli, boneless chicken meat, and whole garlic with olive oil. Bake in 200C oven until cooked, for 35 to 45 minutes.
Note in cooking broccoli:
1. Never soak the broccoli in the water because it will reduce the levels of nutrients. Fresh broccoli is delicious when served raw or cooked first. Cook broccoli too mature can make a very strong sulfur. Steam the broccoli for 3-4 minutes or a boil, about 1 inch above the water boiling in roughly the same as above.
2. Try to cook the broccoli so that the colors remain bright green. Cooking broccoli overcooked broccoli will make a blackish green and eliminating nutrient levels, especially vitamin C.
3. Broccoli will taste bitter if overcooked head shoots or when not cook it right.
4. Choose broccoli fresh as possible to ensure the best flavor, regardless how to prepare and serve.