1. Corned Beef Cake
- 2 egg whites
- 4 egg yolks
- 150 gr flour
- 150 gr margarine
- 150 gr powdered sugar
- 150 g of corned beef
- Beat sugar and margarine until smooth
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Add flour, corned beef that has been softened, stir well.
- Pour in a small mold which was covered with wax paper and spread with margarine. Bake in oven until done, - + 20 25 minutes.
2. Authentic Corned Beef And Cabbage
1/2 tsp. whole coriander
1/2 tsp. whole black peppercorns
1/2 tsp. caraway seeds
1 tsp. whole yellow mustard seeds
18-20 whole cloves
1 juice orange
Corned beef brisket, about 4 lbs.
1 medium head cabbage
2 1/2 lbs. carrots, peeled and cut into large pieces
3 lbs. small potatoes, peeled
How To make :
1. Put corned beef brisket into large pot for cooking. Take cloves and insert them, then sprinkle remaining spices on. Cover brisket with water, bring to boil, then simmer for 3 hours or until tender.
2. About 40 minutes before beef is finished, boil a large pot of water and cook potatoes and carrots. Add cabbage about 10 minutes before you’re ready to serve as it doesn’t need to cook long. Drain vegetables.
3. Arrange meat and vegetables on a platter and serve with your favorite mustards.